tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 11 07:46:52 2013

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] The Legend of Gorath

Robyn Stewart ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

You just send out the link to the original along with the link to the
dub. True, the people who find the video through the Star Trek page won't
find the dub, but most of them won't speak Klingon anyway. Send it out to
the Klingon language sites, and put it on our &lt;purely theoretical at
this point&gt; KLI webpage, and the people who need it will find
it.<br><br>
- Qov<br><br>
At 00:46 '?????' 1/11/2013, you wrote:<br>
but the discoverability. Nobody will find the dub unless it's on the
StarTrek.com web site embedded into the video. <br><br>
(I have some portion of the subtitles to Star Trek VI translated, for
example, but nobody gets to watch it with Klingon subtitles but
me.)<br><br>
I wonder if it would be possible to upload the dubbed video to YouTube.
It's probably still crossing legal boundaries but Paramount/CBS lawyers
are usually okay with fans making their own mixes of their
videos.<br><br>
On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 2:27 AM, Robyn Stewart
&lt;<a href="mailto:[email protected]";>[email protected]</a>&gt;
wrote:<br>

<dl>
<dd>We could do the dubbing without their cooperation, simply by
providing a soundtrack that the user plays with the sound on the movie
turned down. It looks easy to translate. I got a phone call halfway
through. There was some English wordplay, but for example the &quot;a
lone traveller&quot; to &quot;alone&quot; thing could be done with
mob'a'/mobba' or the like. I was able to translate most of it in my head
as I listened.<br><br>

<dd>At 04:14 '?????' 1/10/2013, you wrote:<br>

<dl>
<dd>Someone sent me a link to this &quot;Klingon Fable&quot; on
StarTrek.com:<br>

<dd>
http://www.startrek.com/watch_video/klingon-fable-the-legend-of-gorath</a>

<dd>It'd be awesome to provide Klingon subtitles or even dubbing
(though<br>

<dd>--<br>

<dd>Tlhingan-hol mailing list<br>

<dd><a href="mailto:[email protected]";>
[email protected]</a><br>

<dd>

</dl><br>

-- <br>