tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 04 08:28:22 2013

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] tlharghDuj

Felix Malmenbeck ([email protected])

> There are several examples, but no clear over-all definition,
> at Memory Alpha which you may want to peruse:
>
> http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Scout_ship

In particular, there is the German version of that same article:
http://de.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Scoutschiff

I'm assuming "Scoutschiff" and "Aufklärer" are words that have been used in the German version of the show.

That article also links to the Wikipedia article on Aufklärungsschiff: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aufkl%C3%A4rungsschiff
...which should translate roughly as "reconnaissance ship", but the technical English term is apparently "spy ship".