tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 02 03:41:45 2013
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Re: [Tlhingan-hol] qep'a' New Vocabulary
- From: "De'vID" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [Tlhingan-hol] qep'a' New Vocabulary
- Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 12:41:24 +0200
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=ghTFlr1fJeau1HCRit3ROhj1+BXySCbWPJ/tM4sPD18=; b=KMl0QCHiktItiT92DFwuDesz4sKNEokvT/j+o7Bx7ppS3xrrMkqbus2qIwsb9u2c+o c+hMLsfml0T3NwplgQzqcInEYSxDLkoVfFFhbDan9Aagaa7ojQfDOd40IzoVtdJQZOVF NwNFX0jBfy0Zljjis1simP2IT3dezXCeMZvuQ/tzrWMhWZHq+10taioaamsXPIo07BIs SF2UD3zW45DMoyDGb+uJgTsG/YbJqKIW/DEirhqP2JuRpbdyhPUCovjzCYP7bKlXrQUk lw5sMupAcUfah4wNDbDkJxbQVpsFJV+5Ip2ry/jHqZoB6Xfcg+rmEhLve6BA3rEh/NM/ paoA==
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-archive: <http://stodi.digitalkingdom.org/pipermail/tlhingan-hol/>
- List-id: <tlhingan-hol.stodi.digitalkingdom.org>
- List-subscribe: <http://stodi.digitalkingdom.org/mailman/listinfo/tlhingan-hol>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 5:01 PM, Robyn Stewart <email@example.com> wrote:
> So far not much from Marc. We have to give him a chance to relax and enjoy
> himself, not be pressured, so he'll come back.
> After repeated demands from 'angghal, he produced:
> SorHa' - speak figuratively
> He appears to agree that this implies Sor means "speak literally," and that
> this is connected to the expression "lugh: Sor rur." The pun with "sure"
> appears from his reaction to be intentional.
> He explained that there was a lot of redubbing to match actors' lip movement
> in Star Trek Into Darkness, but claimed to not remember any of the new
> words. He has notes and hopes to provide them later. He confirmed that the
> clearly audible <jIyI'> from Uhura is a new verb, and that there are other
> new words. He thought the actress did a very good job of pronunciation.
> He was very interested in a discussion of inherently plural words, and
> implied he might bring it to Maltz' attention. Discussion summarized below:
> We know that negh is treated as grammatically singular in a context like
> "negh yIHoH" (instead of tIHoH) or "loD HoH negh" (instead of loD luHoH
> Is "they are soldiers" translated as <negh chaH> or <negh ghaH>?
> "nuHmeyDaj jejmoH negh" or "nuHmeychaj jejmoH negh"?
> When we count, which are correct and incorrect? "wa' mang, cha' mang, wej
> mang" or "wa' mang, cha' negh, wej negh" or wa' mang, cha' mangpu', wej
> It has been a fantastic qep'a', a great mix of fun and learning from 8 am
> betleH classes all the way through to ghem at 3 or 4 am, lots of skilled
> speakers, (those of you who couldn't make it are missed, and missing out)
> and some stunning beginners. One who arrived knowing nothing completely
> immersed herself and competently read Little Red Riding Hood in Klingon at
> the cabaret.
> - Qov
> Tlhingan-hol mailing list
Tlhingan-hol mailing list