tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Apr 29 01:42:45 2013

[Tlhingan-hol] anyone have a contact at conlang.org? or a MySpace account?

De'vID ([email protected])

I came across this analysis of the "Klingon" spoken in the movie "Garden State":
http://tsketar.conlang.org/conlangs/klingongardenstate.html

<Just to be absolutely positively sure, I also investigated what would
be the Klingon version of the phrase, as glossed by one of the other
characters -- "I like to mate after battle". I got:

may' tlha' vIngagh 'e' vIparHa'

literally 'I like it that I mate with him/her following battle.' If
you can find a better translation (or a person who could provide a
better translation), I'd welcome the pointer.>

I would like to contact the author to offer a suggestion, but there is
no contact info on the site.

The original MySpace post is here, but I don't have an account there
either, which is needed to post a comment:
http://www.myspace.com/tsketar/blog/255133534

--
De'vID