tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Apr 23 11:37:50 2013

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] new Klingon in upcoming Star Trek movie? (no spoilers)

Felix Malmenbeck ([email protected])

When asked about alien languages (and Klingon in particular) in Star Trek Into Darkness, a Reddit user who claims to have seen the film responded: "You'll be pleased."

http://www.reddit.com/r/startrek/comments/1cxu09/spoiler_free_review_of_star_trek_into_darkness/c9l1ws8?context=3

From: De'vID [[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2013 20:33
To: tlhIngan-Hol
Subject: [Tlhingan-hol] new Klingon in upcoming Star Trek movie? (no    spoilers)

Did anyone attend Marc Okand's UCSD talk on Apr. 19? I have heard
second hand that he revealed that there will be new Klingon in the
upcoming movie.

The only reference I could find to this online is this:
http://www.ucsdguardian.org/news-and-features/features/item/26643-the-making-of-hollywood-languages#.UXbTaXAW0sQ

<Currently, Okrand, Frommer and Peterson are all working on new and
upcoming language creation projects. Peterson said that he’s creating
a language for a pilot show on the CW but cannot disclose what the
show is or when it’s coming out. Okrand, even more mysterious than
Peterson, could only reveal that his project will be released a month
from now. Frommer, on the other hand, announced that there will be an
“Avatar 2 and 3,” in which he will have the opportunity to expand the
Na’vi language.>

--
De'vID