tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 10 09:48:41 2013

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Not capitalizing proper nouns

De'vID ([email protected])

De'vID:
>> I noticed one interesting thing that I hadn't before, and that is that all of
>> the Klingon gauntlets have the same two or maybe three words on them.
>> [...] I'd assumed before now that the text was somehow related to the
>> wearer's house or family. [...]

David Holt:
> So your theory is that Vixis, Lursa and B'Etor, and Worf are all realted and
> thus have the same name on their gauntlets?  And the chair that Chang is
> sitting in belongs to that family too?

I wrote "before now", i.e., before I did the image search and noticed
they repeated the same two or three "words". And I haven't thought
about it enough for it to be called a "theory".

Before: Oh, look, many Klingons have words on their clothing and
accessories. Maybe those indicate their house or lineage.

After comparing images: Oh, it's the same thing repeated over and
over. Lazy costume designers.

--
De'vID