tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Apr 10 01:48:34 2013

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Not capitalizing proper nouns

De'vID ([email protected])

Quvar:
>> Klingons do not mark proper names. That's just it.

SuStel:
> We don't know that. We know next to nothing about how Klingons actually
> write. They don't seem to have any verbal grammar for proper nouns, but we
> don't know much about the writing system.

Actually, when we've seen Klingon names written in pIqaD(qoq) on
screen, it seems to me (and I may very well be imagining things) that
quite often the letters (glyphs or symbols or whatever) have been
"melded" together. You see this on banners, clothing (sashes or
gauntlets), and weapons. "Regular" Klingon words seem to have the
letters written clearly separately.

--
De'vID