tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 17 08:26:46 2012

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Time and Type 7 verb suffixes

Qov ([email protected])

At 09:18 '?????' 6/17/2012, you wrote:
The biggest change I can think of was when a word we'd never seen
before got edited out because the meaning was conveyed perfectly
using already known vocabulary. The word did appear elsewhere in the
text with more nuanced meaning, and it turned out to be a perfect
answer to another ambiguity we pointed out, so we didn't feel guilty
about removing its first appearance.

You deleted a totally new *synonym*?! Poor Voragh.

It was {ngIq}. It was used in a few places, and we recognized it as having a meaning something to do with individual, taken one at a time, ("unique" qawmoH) but in one place we couldn't figure out what it was doing that Hoch didn't do. We asked Marc. He said something to the effect of "if Hoch works there, put that." And so we did.

- Qov