tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 17 10:02:25 2011

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] nuq bop bom: 'ay chorghmaH jav: <Heghba'lI'>

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

ja' Voragh:
HQ 10.2:8:  When used with nouns with the locative suffix {-Daq},
> the finger verbs mean "point (with a specific finger) at or towards"
... For example, while {ghIchwIj vISIq} means "I touch my nose
> with my index finger" and {ghIchwIjDaq jISIq}
means "I point at my nose with my index finger" ...

It also works with the toe-words too.

During the qepHom'a' Marc Okrand was watching my eight months old daughter and then he suddenly said {nujDajDaq mar'egh ghu}. Guess what she was doing :-)

Unfortunately I don't remember the exact words, but 'ISqu' was sitting next to us, she might remember better.

Lieven.