tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 02 17:07:04 2011

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] EuroTalk - New info - Phrases

Rohan Fenwick - QeS 'utlh ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' Quvar, jatlh:
> nuqDaq 'oH beylI''e'?
> this obvious pun doesn't need a translation :-)

jang Philip, jatlh:
> It's not obvious to me what the pun is....

Quvar:
> Hm... no that I'm looking at it, I'm not sure you would see the pun, or
> if it is intended by MO. I don't know if there is an english word like
> that, because when I saw it, I immediately thought of the dutch word
> "balie", which is a counter/desk in a bank.

jang qe'San, jatlh:
> Sustel undoubtedly hit the nail on the head with bailout.

It would surely have been beylaw' were that the case.

Though we don't have it in Australia, I think ghunchu'wI' probably has it
with the jewellery chain of Bailey, Banks & Biddle.

QeS 'utlh