tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Aug 18 19:22:46 2011

Re: mu'mey chu': matlh vItlho'qu'

lojmIt tI'wI' nuv ([email protected])

I'd also like to note that while I am one of those who can understand Klingon well enough to read the descriptions of the new words and decipher the definitions, there are many here who can't. Whenever anyone does get around to summarizing the new words, I'd recommend that the definitions be offered in English so that more than a dozen people in the world will be able to use them.

I used to maintain the New Words List. I got burned out with the arguments and personal attacks I received and needed a break, so I quit being the person who maintained the list and became someone else. It's been nice.

I lost the password. Times when I've been tempted to update the list, I hit that wall. "Right. I don't know the password."

I was disappointed that nobody else took up that role. I still see the New Words list as a valuable resource. I have notes about all the words that should be on it and aren't. If people want me back to do the work at a quality level consistent with how it was done, someone should help me attain edit access to the list.

Or someone else can do it. Having it done is more important to me than being the person who does it.

lojmIt Doq tI'wI' charghwI' 'utlh

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 18, 2011, at 2:45 PM, "David Trimboli" <[email protected]> wrote:

> One day someone will finally see fit to simply list the new words that come
> out of a qep'a' or product and their definitions in a single message, rather
> than playing the I-know-something-that-you-don't game. Getting them in dribs
> and drabs is not only irritating, it makes it hard to look up the original
> message later.

Back to archive top level