tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 17 19:37:34 2011

Re: mu'mey chu': jul

Robyn Stewart ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

It's definitely not canon and it does contain many errors but it
represents a consensus on then state-of-the-art Klingon ways to
express a wide range of cocepts, by extremely skilled and diligent
Klingonusts. It's usually a source worth considering.

It's not the word of God, but it's in the margins of the Talmud. And
at any rate before sitting down to invent a wheel it's always worth
looking at what other Klingonists have done.

Sent from a mobile device through a temporary connection.

On 2011-08-17, at 19:14, MorphemeAddict <[email protected]> wrote:

> Replying to Quvar's old message: In what way is {Hamlet} official?
> It's not
> canon.
> lay'tel SIvten
>
> On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 4:28 PM, Steven Boozer
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Lieven Litaer (Quvar) previously posted to the List (on 10/28/2007)
>> WRT
>> *{pemHov} that:
>>
>> "... although the Terran translation uses the word 'sun', it could
>> really
>> mean literally a 'daytime-star', just like you might know the
>> morning-star
>> to describe the Venus we see in the morning... 'Hamlet' is ... an
>> official
>> and published translation, so I would accept and certainly understand
>> {pemHov} as 'sun (in general)'."
>>
>> --
>> Voragh
>> Ca'Non Master of the Klingons