tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 29 10:31:09 2010

RE: 'u': the first authentic Klingon opera on earth

Michael Roney ([email protected])

On Jul 29, 2010 10:43, Steven Boozer <[email protected]> wrote:

For those interested, our only known Klingon date comes from DS9 "Soldiers of the Empire":
Worf said that the IKS Rotarran's mission began on the "53rd day of the year of Kahless 999". (Was that 2373 CE?)

FWIW Keith R.A. DeCandido (who consults with Okrand) pegs the events of his 2004 novel _I.K.S. Gorkon, Book 3: Enemy Territory_ as occurring mid Year of Kahless 1001, late 2376 Federation year, 10 months after the events of the last episode of DS9.

Keith and I were discussing his Klingon year calculations earlier this month.

He took the information presented in SotE and adds and subtracts from that starting point,
Yes, that was 2373 (what does CE mean?)

As he's in no hurry to do lots of math, the years are the same length. (The Klingon year /may/ begin mid-November...)
He has used this system in multiple novels, and others have used it in their novels as well.

It has become the de facto  conversion rate for the novels.

(If anyone wants, I can post the various years listed in the novels)

~naHQun

~Michael Roney, Jr.
Professional Klingon translator
webOS dev