tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 26 09:22:59 2010

SV: A thought ...

Felix Malmenbeck ([email protected])

I like the idea, but it strikes me as though any 2012 release would have to be rushed.
Perhaps it would be worth to start work on a longer, five-year project to create a book which contains not only the reference grammar, but also documents the history of Klingon, from James Doohan and John M. Ford to qep'a' cha'maH and [perhaps] Star Trek XII, with details on the first qep'a' and qepHom, profiles of the first Klingonists, the Shakespeare Restoration Project and the founding of such other organizations such the Interstellar Languages School.  It could also contain extracts from HolQeD and various online discussions on this mailing list, Livejournal and various forums across the internets.
I believe "The Grammarian's Desk" by Captain Krankor and Lawrence M. Schoen was something similar to this, but I haven't seen it for myself so I don't really know.

I just finished "In the Land of Invented Languages" by Arika Okrent, and I personally am hungry for more conlang history.  That being said, it may be that the demographic to which a book such as the one I'm suggesting is too small to make the project feasible.

Sincerely,
B.J. Felix Malmenbeck
tlhIngan Hol qun ghojwI' po'be'wI' je