tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Sep 26 15:25:45 2009

Kinds of Duj

There has long been a question about whether {Duj} "ship, vessel" can
mean anything other than a spaceship. Does it include ships on water?
What about cars?

I just noticed something in the early part of The Klingon Dictionary:

    It is quite likely that {Do'} is an Old Klingon word for
    /space vessel/ (the modern Klingon word is {Duj})...

This would appear to show that {Duj} refers ONLY to space-going vessels.
It COULD mean only that {Duj} is a modern descendant of Old Klingon
{Do'} with a slightly different meaning, but that does not seem to be
the point of the text. I think it's saying that the modern word for
"space vessel" is {Duj}.

--
SuStel
tlhIngan Hol MUSH