tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 18 17:14:20 2009

Re: Relative clause in a relative clause

Andrà MÃller ([email protected])

You're right, it can't. {-chuq} is a suffix that increases the verb's
valency. I have 3 canon phrases, and it's always intransitive. Also,
Okrand somewhere said that verbs with {-chuq} receive the
single-argument subject pronouns.

- AndrÃ

2009/9/18  <[email protected]>:
> In a message dated 9/18/2009 13:49:15 Eastern Daylight Time,
> [email protected] writes:
>
>> HoHbogh tlhIngan luja'chuq. HoHbogh tlhIngan vISov
>> They discuses the Klingon that died. I know the Klingon that died.
>>
>> qurgh
>>

> Can {ja'chuq} take an object? ÂI thought not, since {-chuq} implies the
> object and subject are the same (each other, actually).
>
> lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level