tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Sep 14 10:55:19 2009

Re: nom*i*nal*ize 2. to convert (an underlying clause) into a noun phrase

Mark J. Reed ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

SuStel's analysis matches my thoughts.  *{quvghach} is wrong because
it's redundant, something like "honorness". But *{tlhutlhghach} is
wrong because it would mean the same thing as *{tlhutlh} the
nonexistent noun.

I might use {-ghach} on bare stems if I had a need to translate into
Hol the slang habit of appending {-age} to words unnecessarily.  "How
about some snackage to go with the gameage?"

--
Sent from my mobile device

Mark J. Reed <[email protected]>

Back to archive top level