tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 28 16:30:08 2009

Re: mech

Mark J. Reed ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

Agreed.  -vaD is specifically "for the benefit of".  Plenty of human
languages have untelated ways of expressing these senses of "for", so
it's awfully presumptuous to think Klingon might mix and match the way
English does. (worth noting that -meH can also be glossed as "for" in
some cases, to show the other direction in which "for" and -vaD don't
completely line up.)

-marqoS

--
Mark J. Reed <[email protected]>