tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 23 13:08:05 2009
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Question about -wI'
Christopher Doty (email@example.com)
- From: Christopher Doty <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Question about -wI'
- Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 13:06:57 -0800
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:from:date:message-id :subject:to:content-type; bh=rXBCuWcpJpjin781I/fmEDPK70vHorNf1J/6WTo5uZE=; b=OB0Nu9QmwWXdBMbermpkOyCOpbw+3mm/x8m0hmRDNMI320ZBUVcUpdWyVk5aqoj6mg XXHf4/WwUM0FwOzdNZWcxVrPSrboaJy4Na6Xqv1zeYN8hIw+0PJnEVekzVGM1HKb5dh7 Zkd4PJiVJDvIfbGGC0KM0scyH6YGk9N5PXgao=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type; b=D2UrffOtnz1vWVutZTEkfK0AR/Te77W/aEvBXkDQpWLtqC60kIq/k0eS3Pc0O84ojn snp+KKaB9Pe/gppVt5liJmolf0vd9JDWqjGthtxY/E0sAL8s+vLOtZSdZ2KgrWw7rQgd XqwwQ9VQudv8SDCMngGZnAWpnKS6Uo4yHSZfg=
I was just playing with the new iPhone Klingon app (very cool, btw, if
you haven't checked it out) and came across a question...
The dictionary lists Hergh as a noun meaning medicine, and HerghwI' as
a noun meaning hypo (I assume in this context that "hypo" means
hypospray or hypodermic needle). So, my question:
Can -wI' go on nouns? Or does this mean that, as with many Klingon
words, the noun Hergh is identical to a verb with roughly the same
meaning, "administer medicine," and the verb Hergh is simply missing
from the dictionary?