tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 23 13:08:05 2009

Question about -wI'

Christopher Doty ([email protected])

I was just playing with the new iPhone Klingon app (very cool, btw, if
you haven't checked it out) and came across a question...

The dictionary lists Hergh as a noun meaning medicine, and HerghwI' as
a noun meaning hypo (I assume in this context that "hypo" means
hypospray or hypodermic needle).  So, my question:

Can -wI' go on nouns? Or does this mean that, as with many Klingon
words, the noun Hergh is identical to a verb with roughly the same
meaning, "administer medicine," and the verb Hergh is simply missing
from the dictionary?

Chris

Back to archive top level