tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 19 13:32:43 2009

RE: tlhIngan porgh

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

>> HQ 12.4:8:  Maltz was familiar with the scientific study of bodily
>> functions, or {porghQeD}, but he didn't consider himself terribly well
>> versed in the field. The closest he could come to "bodily function" was
>> {porgh mIw}, literally "body process", but he had a hard time thinking
>> of an everyday sentence containing that phrase. He said that Klingons
>> don't talk all that much about bodily functions as a group, but they
>> certainly do talk about specific bodily functions.

lay'tel SIvten:
>You ask how to differentiate or distinguish between anatomy and physiology
>in Klingon. I don't think it matters. The terms are close in English, and
>the difference between them is technical. In fact, doesn't physiology
>include anatomy?

That's what I was actually trying to say.  It appears {porghQeD} covers both what we call anatomy and physiology.

>> Hmm... I guess it's not such a problem after all.  {[tlhIngan] porgh}
>> "the [Klingon] body" works just fine for most, if not all, of these.

And again, sometimes {porgh} works just fine.

--
Voragh
Canon Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level