tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 29 20:38:29 2009

Re: -vaD

Fiat Knox ([email protected])

-vaD, I thought, meant "for, intended for." One example given in TKD is, of course,

Qu'vaD lI' net tu'bej - One clearly finds the information useful for the mission.

So you could construct sentences like

naDev SoHvaD qutluch tu'lu'bej - There is an assassin's knife here that is clearly intended for you. (perhaps the Klingon equivalent of "a bullet with one's name on it").

and

quvvaD jISuvtaH 'ej jIHeghbej - For honour, I shall fight and shall most certainly die.

Back to archive top level