tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat May 02 19:49:54 2009
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Re: The health of the Klingon language vs the health of the KLI
Parker Glynn-Adey (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- From: Parker Glynn-Adey <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: The health of the Klingon language vs the health of the KLI
- Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 22:47:58 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=i42l8X/PTXqYIRGvqkKbBIAuUP5p3DnIhHzRLn9MyAQ=; b=sL8cq3MeLO52MvugTSsWRttNAvcs5xRdqI/plE25QzOU7HQPhWgC6PYLZM72DcaX2C hLeM7q+noVNCX34XASMa7QBM8twOMt9r9m1SHuZS90MmHZb8pkfhq6vnSK8Ydssr54Fy 9yRnytso3Hby7HfXSucbkQtzSm/3q6hKBMWfE=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=GFR/vhGkwHG+zgWwrhtVlQDU4cf0mvUXh/nXYkcCp9Q+jD4rTTG307LRtWsxW3tfcF nnt/oPehdTW8phGRWrQe+tKXnXqkEQzNm364gQ8653tROPjkxlAUY3eZXZN5PS+r+awm mmhJjb9qYk7CZp+telb3HNTRdLVSTkRdw/FZE=
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
> This discussion list is all but dead. I remember when it was thriving with
Yes. It is the slowest growing folder I've got on my account. Unfortunately
I've got to admit that I don't remember a time when the list was thriving,
but this is mostly my own naivety speaking. I would really like to see more
activity. One place I do see a little movement is on the Klingon
Livejournal*. Though again, there isn't much.
We don't even have the automated Klingon Word of the Day (KWOTD) e-mails any
Mm - I would really like to see those again. I get WotD.s in a number of
languages, and the Klingon canon references were always a pleasure.
What has everyone been doing? What are you doing? What would you like to be
> doing? --And how can we help?
Right now I am not studying Klingon in the least. I'll just put that out
there. I have Hamlet, the Dictionary, Klingon for the Galactic Traveler, and
the comic. I am actively interested /in/ Klingon, and any time I get
speaking about Esperanto (which I am fluent in) I mention it as a cultural
I think this is a while off, but eventually I'd like to keep my personal
journal partly in Klingon. One way I think this list could help, would be by
helping me through the ``postal course'' on the KLI website. I will do the
work, do the learning, if people on the list are willing to help correct my
Anyway - those are my two thoughts.