tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 24 16:22:51 2009

Re: Klingon orthography

Looking at the original samples again, the IPA is hard to read (were the
aspirations lost on <t> and <p>?), the casing orthography of IPA is harder to
read (capitals of weird symbols just add more weird symbols), the
"Americanist" type sample is fairly clear, the words are well separated (a problem
with the previous two); with casing glottals it's another case of thin boxes
being hard to read.)
The samples with fewer unusual symbols are a lot easier to read.
Diacritical marks are hard to make out on my screen and font size, so those are hard
to read too.

I like the Klingon way of NOT capitalizing names and sentence-initial
positions, so I favor the cased samples a lot less than the others.

lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level