tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 23 19:15:18 2009

RE: Klingon orthography (was: Okrand at qep'a')

DloraH ([email protected]) [Hol po'wI']

> > If there is (which I doubt), it would have to use only the 26
> > letters of the English alphabet, possibly with the apostrophe, as is
> > the case now.
>
> Why?

For me it would be because that is what is on my keyboard.

> All of the characters use the Latin script.
>
> > Where's the "dotless question mark" key on a Latin keyboard?
>
> The glottal stop? On my keyboard I type shift-option-. and
> then space
> to get it. ÊÊÊÊ

What do you mean by "option"?
Shift-. gives me ?

> > Your examples are full of untypeable characters, and a few
> > unprintable ones.
>
> I typed nearly all of them with the Irish Extended keyboard
> that ships with Mac OS X.

Ah!  I don't have an Irish Extanded keyboard.

I admit that sometimes Q and q are a problem.  Car license plates are in upper-case only; but fortunately the one I went with doesn't use either Q or q.

Some of your characters didn't show up on my computer.  On my PDA, those that do show up are completely different symbols.
If I made changes to the klingon writing, I would move the q to k.

DloraH

Back to archive top level