tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 21 13:21:26 2009
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Re: Dictionary Formats
Michael Roney, Jr. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- From: "Michael Roney, Jr." <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Dictionary Formats
- Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 16:19:25 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=dG1M1vABpSQC1KiHDRdF1Kwcdwxc3j5ye/BM5oglrK8=; b=NpXNIJQMyYTolm6fbUig/ETSU/S0ZnpOeR8LD+7NIkULbU8KUDDFSJJdd+vjELXKOy i8dT1C/yVWt28QMnEoU6j7nY5LG7dwKuNmDQtlrg/PLFXI3GBI4dZXOZSb9/rn4kLJod WXAmmgeLQ9puvodREZdWfyE4WvXH2ZJxgdnME=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; b=NIi0aGFSVWK4hCXnN7jZpGkHlQsqZCtHhXYEZgYWOUfzxGcxWgYgfIefsAWfaao9tH ew/tUO9qmQ/fc2+p8GSw+pIUGWhmRa5N0D2E85vBeXiB1qnNjDH5K3+Bw4j7FLkkbqTj 91BsWw6TVsqI9SeyT47E4lLBD8fh4OyQdpeK0=
- In-reply-to: <BLU109-W12871578A870005029A33591520@phx.gbl>
- References: <BLU109-W12871578A870005029A33591520@phx.gbl>
I started in an Excel document, typing in the Klingon-English words.Then I
copied/pasted them into a new document and had excel alphabatize the
And of course I had to manually arrange any entry starting with "be".
Eventually Excel no longer met my needs and I moved everything over to Word.
I expanded the entries to include additional information. Source, examples,
notes. (actually, my Excel document had Source, but I didn't transfer it to
the word document. Foolish)
While the KWOTD e-mails were coming through, I took advantage of Voragh's
replies to get whatever canon examples we might have, and to note the
The highlighting and green text in the pic are my own editors notes.
Something I need to take care of in one way or another.
It's not finished, and I probably could have found a better screen shot, but
this should give you a pretty good idea of what my file looks like.
On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 3:48 AM, Ted Williams <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I am trying to come up with a dictionary as I learn new words. Does anyone
> happen to have a user friendly format they would be willing to share?
> Ideally, I would prefer that it be a dictionary of words that I can enter
> in as I learn them or as opportunities to use them arise. Nothing will help
> me more in learning thlIngan Hol than a build-your-own-dictionary, but to be
> honest, I am not that computer savvy.
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Thank you,
> Windows Live?: Keep your life in sync.
~Michael Roney, Jr.