tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 21 13:21:26 2009

Re: Dictionary Formats

Michael Roney, Jr. ([email protected])

I started in an Excel document, typing in the Klingon-English words.Then I
copied/pasted them into a new document and had excel alphabatize the
English-Klingon side.
And of course I had to manually arrange any entry starting with "be".
Eventually Excel no longer met my needs and I moved everything over to Word.

I expanded the entries to include additional information. Source, examples,
notes. (actually, my Excel document had Source, but I didn't transfer it to
the word document. Foolish)

While the KWOTD e-mails were coming through, I took advantage of Voragh's
replies to get whatever canon examples we might have, and to note the
absense thereof.

The highlighting and green text in the pic are my own editors notes.
Something I need to take care of in one way or another.

It's not finished, and I probably could have found a better screen shot, but
this should give you a pretty good idea of what my file looks like.

http://twitpic.com/819yg/full

<http://twitpic.com/819yg/full>~naHQun

--
~Michael Roney, Jr.