tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jun 20 20:51:23 2009

Re: Once more into the ship in which I fled

ghunchu'wI' ([email protected])

On Jun 20, 2009, at 11:26 PM, McArdle wrote:

> ...I thought it would be interesting to have a discussion with well-
> informed people about what they thought of the idea, how well it
> might fit in with known principles of Klingon grammar,...

I think that the idea is entirely unrelated to known principles of
Klingon grammar.  I find nothing written by Marc Okrand that hints at
the existence of resumptive pronouns, much less at how to interpret
them if they appear.

It's an interesting bit of information with respect to how some
natural languages express relative clauses.  Its relevance to the
"ship in which I fled" issue is miniscule.  I dismiss it not because
it's a bad idea, but because it is utter speculation unsupported by
*anything* in canon.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level