tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 15 10:02:20 2009

Re: pIqaD origins

roger158 ([email protected])

I guess everyone already knew it.  You might be interested, so I'll repeat an idea I posted last summer.  I'm pretty sure that the pIqaD is based off of Phoenician, like near-all sci-fi alphabets.  People ignored me when I said it because writing systems don't seem to be anyone's forte here.  Like most Westerners, it's a bunch of close-minded alphabet-lovers.  Not a free-thinker in the bunch.  And that Dr. Larry guy's about as pissy and arrogant as they come.  No wonder nobody reads his damn books or joins his club.  But enough hate for the KLI. People I talk to tell me it's always been this way.
What's funny is that Klingon is such a well-done conlang, whereas its writing system is garbage.  But as long as a minority cares, art imitates life.

Quoting "Mark J. Reed" <[email protected]>:

> Well, it's wrong about the identity of the movie - there were no
> Klingons in Star Trek II.  Assuming it was really III, though, it does
> sound like the origin of the onscreen Klingon script that was the
> inspiration for the KLI's pIqaDqoq.
>
> On 6/15/09, Terrence Donnelly <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> My son found this link:
>>
>> http://jules.dailygrommet.com/2009/05/21/objectified/#comment-779
>>
>> talking about the origins of the Klingon font used in STII. Is this
>> something we already knew?  Is this the same as the pIqaD we all know and
>> love?
>>
>> -- ter'eS
>>

> --
> Sent from my mobile device