tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 07 13:39:05 2009

RE: Favourite Klingon Proverb

Thorwald Peeters ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

<citaat van="Steve Weaver">
> ghItlh Voragh
>
> <SnIp>
>
>> tlhIngan vIttlhegh'e' vImaSqu'bogh... (As for my favorite Klingon
>> proverb...) I'll have to think about that awhile.
>> There are so many good ones, but one I've always been particularly fond
>> of is:

>>  DopDaq qul yIchenmoH QobDI' ghu'
>>  Set fire on the side when there is danger.
>>--
>>Voragh

> Mmmmm "HIvqa' veqlargh" vIparHa'
>  <Hob>

> Soqra'tIS

[mupwI' yI'uchtaH] vIparHa'qu'. vIttlegh mu'tlhegh je.
I love "keep holding the hammer". Both as a proverb as well as as a sentence.

Back to archive top level