tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 30 12:17:59 2009

RE: Odd Requests

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

Alex Greene:
>> On occasion I get asked to translate some weird things into Klingon.
>> The latest was this weekend, when a friend in a state of
>> inebriation asked me for help in translating "Where's the porn?"

bI'reng:
>Bah. Humans and their subtlety. {{{;-)
>tuQHa'wI' HI'ang!

Klingons have slang, too.  For example, you might say that you're going to look at some "naked stars" ({Hovmey Huv}?)!  <g>

For those too young to remember:

"If there are gods, they do not help, and justice belongs to the strong: but know that all things done before the naked stars are remembered."
-- John Ford, _The Final Reflection_ (1984), p.23 et passim.

--
Voragh
Canon Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level