tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 30 11:13:40 2009
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Re: Odd Requests
Michael Roney, Jr. (email@example.com)
- From: "Michael Roney, Jr." <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Odd Requests
- Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 14:12:22 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :reply-to:subject:in-reply-to:x-mailer:mime-version:content-type; bh=JzVvWIG2yPExVj8mSK3L+RW7EtVTIE3WCL8onwkDGJ8=; b=rbMpknvcnVdS9MDhKyQC+W5oit4XQCAWRKOJgFChVtj9pM/kcpCCIAoWCvCgLKjMHu djDCx6bOVSmhA6bsbfyWdhQ4igm43fI0JyLbwkzf8PXjL7ksRj+y+/99kYr2HUkhECVw JtM9KZ+nIc+lY4AQr6dwrHCo3pTaHNZ/OLSAY=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:reply-to:subject:in-reply-to:x-mailer :mime-version:content-type; b=lig1qmynSGWxhDNxyS/mJrhyqnzBJnuu5eplwaNDkNtT5t3wNVAWDFIYwogEDne/+B uyUsQWSd0OG4FVtjTgU/LOLPQWdLgJoZqyZzYXk1HLlbJJdH/rqb2ypRU05s6rkETpxz 8JXuLLSJE2BkSFvYmMIO/oKiA8qQinVKSk9Kc=
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
Since "porn" can refer to several different mediums, and different styles within each medium; I would suggest identifying (at least to some degree) what you're after.
Your drunk friend probably doesn't want to sit down and read erotica.
The suggestions using <lut> may suggest text-based.
And any of the suggestions trying to use <nga'chuq> miss the description of "picture of a naked/semi-naked person".
So we're either going to need to be very vauge, or super descriptive, IMHO.
-Michael Roney, Jr.
Professional Klingon translator
--Sent from my Palm PrÄ?Alex Greene wrote:
On occasion I get asked to translate some weird things into Klingon. The latest was this weekend, when a friend in a state of inebriation asked me for help in translating "Where's the porn?"
The candidate sentences are "nuqDaq 'oH *porn*'e'" and "nuqDaq *porn* Dapol".
I did briefly wonder what the closest term was to porn, and decided on *bel lutmey* until a better alternative comes along.
Did anyone else do anything tlhIngan Hol-related over the break? Tell us of your escapades, if any.