tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 30 11:13:40 2009

Re: Odd Requests

Michael Roney, Jr. ([email protected])

Since "porn" can refer to several different mediums, and different styles within each medium; I would suggest identifying (at least to some degree) what you're after.
Your drunk friend probably doesn't want to sit down and read erotica.
The suggestions using <lut> may suggest text-based.

And any of the suggestions trying to use <nga'chuq> miss the description of "picture of a naked/semi-naked person".

So we're either going to need to be very vauge, or super descriptive, IMHO.

~naHQun

-Michael Roney, Jr.
Professional Klingon translator
http://twitter.com/roneyii

--Sent from my Palm PrÄ?Alex Greene wrote:

On occasion I get asked to translate some weird things into Klingon. The latest was this weekend, when a friend in a state of inebriation asked me for help in translating "Where's the porn?"

The candidate sentences are "nuqDaq 'oH *porn*'e'" and "nuqDaq *porn* Dapol".

I did briefly wonder what the closest term was to porn, and decided on *bel lutmey* until a better alternative comes along.

Did anyone else do anything tlhIngan Hol-related over the break? Tell us of your escapades, if any.

Back to archive top level