tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 30 08:41:53 2009

Re: Odd Requests

Steven Lytle ([email protected])

I watched a movie called *Garden State*, in which a 'fast food knight'
admitted to knowing Klingon, and when he said something in it, it wasn't
Klingon at all.
Does that count?
lay'tel SIvten

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 8:32 AM, Alex Greene <[email protected]> wrote:

> On occasion I get asked to translate some weird things into Klingon. The
> latest was this weekend, when a friend in a state of inebriation asked me
> for help in translating "Where's the porn?"
>
> The candidate sentences are "nuqDaq 'oH *porn*'e'" and "nuqDaq *porn*
> Dapol".
>
> I did briefly wonder what the closest term was to porn, and decided on *bel
> lutmey* until a better alternative comes along.
>
> Did anyone else do anything tlhIngan Hol-related over the break? Tell us of
> your escapades, if any.

Back to archive top level