tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 04 11:38:16 2009

Re: Request for translation in Klingon

Mark J. Reed ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 1:50 PM, Michael Everson <[email protected]> wrote:
>> :-) many thanks for your kind help.
>> in original Romanian language the sentance is like this "cu multÄ
>> simpatie" Âor if it is easier Âyou could translate "cu multÄ
>> prietenie"

I think Tracy was right on this one (maj!).  Romanian "simpatie" *can*
mean "sympathy", but it can also just mean "congeniality", "approval",
"fellow-feeling" - in other words, simpÃtico.  The second translation,
with prietenie ("friendship", "kindness"), would seem to confirm the
intended reading. So  I would offer an appropriate message for a
friendly gift, not condolences.

-marqoS
--
Mark J. Reed <[email protected]>