tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 31 14:49:40 2009

Re: Edgar Allan Poe

Terrence Donnelly ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

I felt at the time that the Poe Project was too ambitious, in that they wanted every single work of his translated, including some of the (probably justifiably) forgotten ones.  I always thought that a selection of his most famous works would have been enough.  I volunteered for "Usher" because it was one of the longest: I knew I'd finish it (yeah, I'm a braggart, so sue me), and I hoped that if enough critical mass of translations was reached, maybe they'd abandon the goal of 100% thoroughness and publish what they had.

I'd like to know how many translations have been completed as of today.  Maybe it would be a workable number.

-- ter'eS

Back to archive top level