tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 31 14:49:40 2009
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Re: Edgar Allan Poe
Terrence Donnelly (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- From: Terrence Donnelly <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Edgar Allan Poe
- Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 14:48:05 -0700 (PDT)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=sbcglobal.net; s=s1024; t=1251755285; bh=/lU26f0GEmngjbj3NZcLLievt9w2oCi9CAqCRKXNyso=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=Z/b4xV5EMeub9xOUgpD8tQViwhteA7gz3kXh/orx/59dg3hsDhEtmG1eNBPKYRzeX+1mkfqi6QcL1xFu5QFbh7Z7nDaXwFuyZUh7T9rb2EWDDvXQr7as+6fAi0vfvXLRF+TKQyLz0mWBOJQiR4GdOHGVz58GocEh4fmDZGoHkMM=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=sbcglobal.net; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=AzEoVasUZh1eogca+WZ7zc8YjL0X2rUBulBS6Rg10JVRb39hHKaHGPD7fZKkPf42WVTYbUef/xKsloT2ntt6/j0T+NP6J2BFlMnFgPZobLZribijhzgV7+k0KAV0QMldi4tbHr5Uwdo0+arLSVQu4YEseIrQBYGDLV40UtJsIsI=;
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I felt at the time that the Poe Project was too ambitious, in that they wanted every single work of his translated, including some of the (probably justifiably) forgotten ones. I always thought that a selection of his most famous works would have been enough. I volunteered for "Usher" because it was one of the longest: I knew I'd finish it (yeah, I'm a braggart, so sue me), and I hoped that if enough critical mass of translations was reached, maybe they'd abandon the goal of 100% thoroughness and publish what they had.
I'd like to know how many translations have been completed as of today. Maybe it would be a workable number.