tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Aug 04 06:28:45 2009

RE: Measurments

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

naHQun:
>> Which units of measure do we have exact Terran equivelants for, and
>> what are they?
Mark J. Reed:
>Well, if you assume Klingon and Federation transporters have the same
>range, then 1 kellicam = 2 kilometers, IIRC.

The four units of linear measure I know of are:

  {'uj}       *uj* (unit of measure, about 35 cm.)

  {'uj'a'}    (unit of measure, about 3.15 m.)

  {qelI'qam}  *kellicam* (unit of measure roughly equal to 2 km. [STE])

  {loghqam}   (unit of measure, 1.25 light years)

Only one unit of volume is known:

  {tlho'ren}  (unit of volume "in the quart/liter range")

>> I'm trying to get them included in a conversion calculator program
>> that I use.

FYI DloraH has a web page comparing {'ujmey} to centimeters and inches at
	https://65.13.120.12/tlhIngan/cheb-uj.htm

--
Voragh
Canon Master of the Klingons