tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 19 18:56:54 2008

Re: SoSwI' SoH'a'?

ghunchu'wI' ([email protected])

On May 18, 2008, at 7:25 PM, naHQun wrote:

> I'm pretty sure my grammar is correct, but I'll see what comments
> come back.

The verb prefix {vI-} appears repeatedly when it isn't appropriate:

 > vaj pel'aQ vIghor ghu bo'Degh.
 > vIghro'/'uSgheb/targh/tangqa' vItlhob ghu bo'Degh:

There are some odd contortions with pronouns and plurals:

 > SoSDaj ghaHbe' vIghro' 'uSgheb je.
 > SoSdaj ghaHbe' targh tangqa' je.

I also wonder about the correctness of {SoS bo'Degh} {ghu bo'Degh},
but I'm not sure what to suggest in their place.

> My only question (besides pointing out errors), is how to say 'nest'
>>

> and 'snort'.

For "nest" I might be tempted to say something like {QImDuQ}, but I
won't actively suggest it.  "Snort" ought to be well paralleled by
{chuy} "sneeze".

Back to archive top level