tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 05 05:46:50 2008

latlh

Doq ([email protected])

I would appreciate it if someone could, in a post less than one screen
full of text, explain to me how using {latlh} as an adjective makes
sense, given the Klingon grammar we've been offered by Okrand. I don't
think it works as a quantity word, like {Hoch}, {HochHom} or {'op},
since it isn't really that kind of word, and for that matter, Okrand
never explained to us adequately why THOSE words precede what they
modify. He just did it that way, reversing the genitive word order in
what seems like a genitive relationship, given phrases like "All of
us", which, according to TKD should be {maH Hoch}, but is, according
to canon {Hoch maH}.

I honestly think Okrand just did this without thinking, mimicking
English, and now, we're stuck with it. The least he could do is offer
us an explicit explanation of this rather vague area of Klingon
grammar. He broke it. He should fix it.

Doq

Back to archive top level