tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Aug 01 10:50:21 2008

Re: Klingon TAO TE CHING Update

Doq ([email protected])

This list has two simple rules and every post is supposed to follow at
least one of them:

1. You discuss the Klingon language in English.

or

2. You use the Klingon language and discuss whatever you like.

Anything else is off topic and unwelcome here.

Lawrence John Rogers has spammed this list with a remarkable number of
off-topic posts, and seems to think that anybody who thinks that we
really should hold to the purpose of this list is a "Klingon-Nazi".
For a person who seems to not like criticism, he is rather loose with
nasty labels for others.

Everyone deserves some slack now and then, and that's fine, but I
really think that this individual should either show some interest in
following at least one of the two simple rules for participation here,
or he should be removed from the group. Otherwise, all those members
who joined this list for the purpose of participating in the ongoing
use of the Klingon language get abused by e-mail that is not on a
topic they asked to join.

Doq

On Aug 1, 2008, at 12:39 PM, Lawrence John Rogers wrote:

> Yeah... :D I bought your Gilgamesh book last night!  Enjoy the
> profits and
> my thanks.  It should be really cool.  You guys are awesome.  Love the
> language.  maj.
>
> My apologies to Guntawitch.  luj.  I just have trouble dealing with
> his
> Klingon-Nazi bullshit.  Like, he doesn't even know me and he's all "my
> head's on fire, the world's going to end".  I wish he would shut the
> hell
> up.  Stop the cycles of abuse.  Live in peace.
>
> Jerks like that need to learn respect.  One of these days, someone
> less
> forgiving is going to whoop his ass at one of the coming qempmey.  We
> Atlanttean refer to that as the "Tamar" (from whence came "Dharma").
>
> Tigmil ... Nokes tagig Pasilos "Gilekim Tabmil Meshag" mohin
> mohedeshimik.
> Nartaktem kwiyim gim pagen.  Po badeg esgimot.
>
> Gunatawiktem ga lewidostem beket.  Lewid.  "Natasi-Kalinan" bahodmokag
> kupegostem kulebin gim neshinga lewegekik.  Lenigot yos tug kwam
> pannebot
> gim "tegultem kagin obesetot, demot hobdot" basheb linegot.  Po
> wanatlekik
> deg tug tak tenitsimot.  Konostem Lotanag tikud.  Weshekmol.

> DloraH writes:
>
>>> I think it's cool you guys did this.  I'm going to support
>>> the group and buy
>>> this book, even if I can't read it for a year or less.
>>
>> The left page is in Klingon, the right page is the matching
>> English.  So you could actually use it
>> as a learning tool, ... like MY book ghIlghameS.
>>

>> DloraH

Back to archive top level