tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Sep 30 18:00:47 2007

Re: another grammar question: verbs used adjectivally

In a message dated 9/30/2007 9:53:46 AM Central Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

> I don't think they do.
>
> I found this example from TKW, p.196:
> {SeymoH QeH.}    Anger excites.
>
> "I polish" or better "I am polishing", seems a perfectly acceptable sentence
> in English, though that's not to say that {jIbochmoH} is acceptable.

We had a discussion here recently about {tuQmoH} and whether it requires an
object.  I think the consensus was that it doesn't.  And if one doesn't, none
do.

lay'tel SIvten   </HTML>

Back to archive top level