tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Sep 30 07:51:02 2007

Re: vocabulary question (nitpicking)

QeS 'utlh ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' Quvar, ja':
>What does QIch mean?

lay'tel SIvten has dealt with the definition already.

>Is now {QIch} also a "speech" something spoken by a person
>at a wedding, for instance,

ghobe'. qechvetlh DaQummeH {SoQ} yIlo'.

>or is this word used linguistically, i.e. the way to prounounce
>things?

Yes, I think that's the intended meaning. As in, for instance, {qar tlhIngan Hol QIchDaj} "he speaks Klingon accurately" (literally, "his Klingon speech is accurate").

QeS 'utlh
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD pab po'wI' / Grammarian of the Klingon Language Institute

not nItoj Hemey ngo' juppu' ngo' je
- Ubykh Hol vIttlhegh

Live Earth ‘07 updates, artist info & concert streams!
http://ninemsn.com.au/share/redir/adTrack.asp?mode=click&clientID=790&referral=windowslivehotmailtagline&URL=http://liveearth.ninemsn.com.au

Back to archive top level