tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Sep 22 20:32:35 2007

Re: puchpa'?

ja' mI'qey:

> ...Is Klingon necessarily a more logical language than English?
> ...Do we have evidence for or against the proposition that Klingons
> use euphemisms?

The ideals of straightforwardness and accuracy argue against using
the word {puch} where it does not logically fit, and for using it
where it does.

> Still, we don't require our toilets to be suitable for dressing any
> more than we require our bathrooms and lavatories to be suitable
> for bathing.

The use of the word "bathroom" for a room containing a toilet but
lacking a bathtub is a regional thing.  Many people would call such a
thing a "washroom", some get fancy with the term "powder room", and
others would simply call it what it is:  a toilet.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level