tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 27 14:42:58 2007

Re: chalDep pI'

[Warning: the following note contains a speculative, made-up, totally
non-canonical in-joke.  Do not use the information herein for
official purposes.  Do not add it to a dictionary which might be seen
by others.  Do not be fooled into thinking it is a real word.  All
Rights Reserved. Your mileage may vary.  Void where prohibited.]

ja' Voragh:

> chalDep pI' vItIvqu' 'ach <<chalDep>> ("bird") 'oHbe' tlhIngan Hol
> mu'na''e' 'e' DaSovnIS.  DaH <<bo'Degh>> wIlo':...

I like Seqram's idea that a Klingon turkey ought to be called a
{qarDaS}.  Some underlying wrinkle in the fabric of the universe has
caused the bird we know as a wild turkey to have names in many
languages that refer to places other than where it actually comes from.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_names_for_the_Wild_Turkey
for a few minutes of entertainment.

Back to archive top level