tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 17 22:12:09 2007

Re: Wool? In tlhIngan Hol?

McArdle ([email protected])

--- Alan Anderson <[email protected]> wrote:

> ja' Voragh:
>
> > or simpler still:
> >    SIrgh SuvwI'
>
> pup mu'meyvam.

You're right.  It didn't occur to me until just now,
but one of the terms of art in the knitting community
is "fiber".  To take just one example, the Maine
Alpaca Association sponsors an annual gathering for
wool enthusiasts that it calls the "Maine Fiber
Frolic" (my wife attends religiously).  And, lo and
behold, Encarta's first definition for "fiber" is "a
long slender thread or filament":  which is to say,
{SIrgh}.  Simple and elegant.

mI'qey

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.