tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 31 10:55:20 2007

Dilbert Comic in Klingon for January 27, 2006

pm5 ([email protected])

Greetings Warriors:

Here is my translation for dialogues in [Dilbert Comic for January 27,
2006][1].  Corrections and advises are welcome.

        pIn: {'aSoq van'a'wIj 'aghmeH ngaSwI' yIje'.} (1)
       Boss: "Asok, your assignment is to buy a display case
              for our awards."

        pIn: {vaj van'a' SuyDaq van'a'meyqu' yIje' pagh wIghajmo'.}
             (2)
       Boss: "Then go to the awards store and buy a bunch of
              awards because we don't have any."

      'aSoq: {DaH ghob wem nIvqu' 'oHbogh van'a' 'aghmeH ngaSwI'
              tebchoHghachvaD van'a' vIje' vIneH.} (3)
       Asok: "The next one is for 'Best Unethical Filling of
              Awards Showcase.'"

 [1]:http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilbert/archive/dilbert-20060127.html

I tried to make sentence (3) into "award for filling of awards
showcase which is the best violation of ethics," but I'm not sure if I
did it right.

pm5

Back to archive top level