tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 15 06:55:41 2007

mung Hol

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

Hi!

I am not looking for a word of which I know it does not exist, but for a phrase that everyone would understand.

In wikipedia, one can show his language level, like beginner, advanced and native speaker. These are all simple, except for the latter.

The problem is that in dutch, or german, one says "mother language", or "mother tongue", while in english one could say "native speaker".

So how would you describe - in klingon - a native language, and what would you call it using klingon?

SoS Hol? - perhaps klingons learn their language from the father??
mung Hol? - language of the origin?
Hol wa'DIch? - first language sounds very logic...

Other suggestions?

PS: I learn klingon because it's fun! ;-)
(details will be explained in a different mail)

Quvar.