tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 13 02:56:25 2007

Re: Why Do You Study Klingon?

Thorwald Peeters ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

choyajjaj,

Quvar (Lieven) SoH je vIrur. Hol vIghojjaj tlhIngan Hol vIghoj. nov (latlh
Sep ngan) vIQumjaj, latlh Holmey vIghoj. Holmey law' jatlh noylaw' SepwIj
nganpu'. Dochvam vInoybe' 'ej Dochvam vInoy vIneHbe'. neH jIghoj vIneH.

Like Lieven, English isn't my mother tongue. Like you, I want to learn
about Language as a whole. For this reason I learn klingon. If I want to
be able to speak to another person, I learn their language. People from my
country (the Netherlands) apparently are famouns for knowing many
languages. I don't want to be "famous" for this. I just want to learn.

> 'IH Steven?
'IH Steven vISovbe'. 'Iv Steven vISov 8-)
pagh jaS <'IH> vIyajnIS?

I don't know whether Steven is beautiful. I know who Steven is though.
Or should I understand <'IH> differently?

--
Thorwald Peeters
a.k.a. qa'pIn qorghon puqloD, qI'meQ tuq

Back to archive top level