tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 25 09:28:54 2007

Dilbert Comic in Klingon for February 13, 2007

pm5 ([email protected])

Greetings Warriors:

Here is my translation for dialogues in [Dilbert Comic for February
13, 2007][1].  Instead of a word-to-word translation I tried to make
the sentences more Klingon-like.  Corrections and advises are welcome.

     DIlbot: {loghwIj wem 'ej nachDaj vonpu' teSwIj.} (1)
    Dilbert: "He was violating my personal space and his head got
                 stuck in my ear."

         Qel: {narghmeH teS 'ochlIj yIpoSchoHmoH.  yIHobqu'.} (2)
    doctor: "You need a huge yawn to open the ear canal so he can get
        out."

        vay': {HIja'.  Saj ngeb vIboSbogh qacha'laH.  qatlh?} (3)
colleague: "Yes, I do have lots of pictures of my porcelain frog
        collection.  Why do you ask?"

 [1]:http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilbert/archive/dilbert-20070213.html

Words:

    ear canal       - *{teS 'och} "ear tunnel"
    porcelain frog  - *{Saj ngeb} "fake pet"

pm5

Back to archive top level