tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Feb 24 16:53:26 2007

Re: bIyem'a'? (or being rude)

naHQun ([email protected])

On 2/23/07, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:
> Klingons:
> Z interrupts the conversation and says "Excuse me." so that he may pass.
> Y gets angry and says "Why did you interrupt our conversation?  You have just as much right to be here as we do.  Just walk past!  Now I lost my train of thought in our discussion!"
> X and Y thinks Z was rude because he interrupted their conversation when all he needed to do was nudge Y a little and slip past.
> Z thinks Y was rude because he didn't move out of the way knowing that Z wanted through.
>
> A polite klingon Z would have approached X and Y.  X and Y, while still carrying on their conversation would have stepped aside, and Z would have quietly slipped by.
>

> I definitly fit the klingon part.  People hate it when I try to slip past without saying "Excuse me"; and I hate it when people interrupt me to say "Excuse me" when they don't need to.
>

> DloraH

Same thing happens where I work, I'll pass by people standing in a
hallway, and will have plenty of room to pass them, but as a walk by
they will say "How rude, he didn't say 'escuse me'!"

Or, yesterday, I had a customer on the phone who said "Good morning"
I said "Can I get your account number?"  He then said "You didn't say
good morning" and he wouldn't proceed with the call until I said it.

I am constantly not responding to "good morning"s, I don't see the
point~especially when my calls are timed.

just including my two cents...

~naHQun

--
Can that which is unsavoury be eaten without salt? or is there any
taste in the white of an egg?

Back to archive top level