tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 16 04:47:40 2007

Re: Dilbert Comic in Klingon for February 9, 2007

ja' pm5:

> Greetings Warriors:
>
> Here is my translation for dialogues in [Dilbert Comic for February 9,
> 2007][1].  Instead of a word-to-word translation I tried to make the
> sentences more Klingon-like.  Corrections and advises are welcome.
>
>       'aSoq: {wa' nem malja'vaD ngoQmeywIj vIqonpu'.} (1)
>        Asok: "I wrote out my goals for the coming year."

For what it's worth, I didn't like {wa' nemvaD} either when I saw it
suggested, but it turns out to be the natural way my brain wants to
translate it.  That surprises me.  I have come to trust my brain in
such matters, however. :)

>       'aSoq: {nIv ngoQmey Qatlh nuja'mo' pInmaj, ngoQmey vIcherbogh
>         Qatlh law' ngoQmey vIchavlaHbogh Qatlh puS.} (2)
>        Asok: "I set them higher than I can achieve because our boss
>         said it's good to have stretch goals."
>
>       Alice: "Well, more for us."

<vaj poplIj Qatlh law' popmaj Qatlh puS.>

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level