tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 14 07:30:31 2007

Dilbert Comic in Klingon for February 9, 2007

pm5 ([email protected])

Greetings Warriors:

Here is my translation for dialogues in [Dilbert Comic for February 9,
2007][1].  Instead of a word-to-word translation I tried to make the
sentences more Klingon-like.  Corrections and advises are welcome.

      'aSoq: {wa' nem malja'vaD ngoQmeywIj vIqonpu'.} (1)
       Asok: "I wrote out my goals for the coming year."

      'aSoq: {nIv ngoQmey Qatlh nuja'mo' pInmaj, ngoQmey vIcherbogh
        Qatlh law' ngoQmey vIchavlaHbogh Qatlh puS.} (2)
       Asok: "I set them higher than I can achieve because our boss
        said it's good to have stretch goals."

      Alice: "Well, more for us."

 [1]:http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilbert/archive/dilbert-20070209.html

I don't get the joke in sentence (3) (more of what?)

pm5

Back to archive top level