tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 12 11:31:32 2007

Re: unsubscribing

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

"Rabbi Don Cashman" <[email protected]> wrote:

>My computer exploded several weeks ago, and I lost the instructions on how
>to UNSUBSCRIBE. I'd be grateful if someone could tell me how, since the
>simple and  customary "unsubscribe" message doesn't seem to work here.
>
>I'm leaving the country in 36 hrs for 10 days and really don't care to
>return to 1800 e-mails, of which fully 10% will be from you folks.

The part of the KLI mailing list FAQ on unsubscribing (with hot links) is at

<http://higbee.cots.net/Holtej/klingon/faq.htm#1.2.3>http://higbee.cots.net/Holtej//klingon/faq.htm#1.2.3

Here's the relevant bit:

1.2.3 Help! How do I unsubscribe from this list!

When you subscribed, you should have received a
<http://higbee.cots.net/Holtej//klingon/welcome.htm>welcoming letter with
unsubscription instructions, among other things. From now on, be a
responsible net citizen and keep those instructional messages you receive
when you subscribe to mailing lists.

Manage your subscription using the following URL:
<http://www.digitalkingdom.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi>http://www.digitalkingdom.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi

I tried that. It didn't work!

Never, never, never send a message to the mailing list
([email protected]) complaining about not being able to unsubscribe. In
no case will this result in your getting removed from the list. If you
continue to send inappropriate messages to the list, the list will be set
to ignore you, which means that you won't be able to send messages to the
list, but you'll still be receiving messages from the list. If you send
impolite or abusive mail to the list administrator, your address will be
added to his kill list, and you'll never be able to get a letter to him,
and thus never be able to get yourself removed from the list. Also, your
postmaster will be notified of your abusive behavior, which may result in
revocation of your e-mail access. This is an unpleasant prospect for all.

You can send a polite e-mail message to the list administrator, asking that
your name be removed from the list by hand. Your administrator is d'Armond
Speers (Holtej), <[email protected]>. All polite requests will be
processed as quickly as possible, which in some cases may be as long as a
few days. Please be patient.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons